An animal sanctuary in Temecula is asking for the public’s help in finding temporary homes for more than 200 animals as they facilitate their move to a new property in San Diego County.
#CNNTownHall Missed The Point Nothing Accomplished Only Reminders
First and foremost I am a black man –
The #CNNTownHall hosted by Don Lemon turned into another racial discussion like many repeated discussions before.
A mere reminder of what America already knows that racism exists in America, yet the show focused on it for most of it’s forum.
This forum should have addressed ” Police Accountability ” once that issue can be addressed and resolved, then and only then can America begin to truly heal.
Many Americans want police officers to be held accountable for their actions, and yet NO ONE wants to bring a viable discussion and or solution for it.
To bring up racism at every discussion as many has have in the past only reminds us that it is a fact, that racism is real and well alive.
We should start tackling one issue at a time until that issue is resolved and then move on to the next issue.
Why ” Police Accountability ” was slid to the curb behooves me as a viewer and showed me once again that this is an issue that public officials DO NOT WANT TO DISCUS!
Can we start with the basic problem at hand ” Police Accountability ” ?
Introduce into Legislation.
1. Mandatory, Police unions be held liable and forced to pay all legal fees for officers facing trial and or legal related matters, from either their Union funds and or police pensions. (Regardless of the situation. even if that officer has been fired and or found negligent at their discipline hearing).
2. Lawsuits payable involving any law enforcement officer and or dept. should be paid for by the police union and or from the police pension funds. Tax Payers, Citizens, City and or County should not be held liable.
3. No longer have Police investigate themselves and or fellow Officers.
4. Disciplinary officers may not have a prior record(s) showing complaints filed on them and should be rotated out every 3 years.
5. Ad more Accountability towards administration, superiors, union officials including but not limiting the mayor.
6. Mandatory requirement for the Justice Department to investigate all shootings.
7. Ask for the Justice Dept. to hire more agents and develop offices nationwide to monitor and or investigate Police shootings and misconduct(s).
8. Mandatory 3 to 5 year desk duty job for any officer type involved shooting.
9. Mandatory minimum suspension (without pay) if an Officer(s) is found to be Guilty of a “MINOR” Misconduct of up to 12 months.
10. Police officers be required to carry a special liability insurance. If an Officer looses their insurance they should not be allowed to patrol the streets, until their insurance is re-instated and or they find an insurer that will insure them.
11. Mandatory Special Prosecutor to handle all Police cases.
Once again thanks for reminding me about a topic I already know and have felt so well during my life time, to include friends family and loved ones…
The Arrest Of Deray McKesson Reminds Me Of The Jim Crow Era
In one of the most distasteful arrests I have seen against a peaceful protester, the video appears to show how officers will sneak up and without explanation grab you in the form of a lynching and or a kidnapping style and haul you off until you are no longer seen by either your friends, family and or loved ones..
To make matters even more disturbing, these officers ignored the repeated requests by peaceful protesters concerned about McKesson’s ambushed styled arrest as to why?
This issue will clearly ad more divisiveness across the nation.
Below on a tweet, a photo that will forever be remembered in history, a brief reminder as to how Officer still to this day conduct themselves.
— RN (@DopeEthiopian) July 10, 2016
Black On Black Crime Is Well Known With In Law Enforcement
A many of times you will hear bigots, racists and even law enforcement bring up the discussion of ” Black on Black crime. ” yet many run like cowards when having to face reality especialy when it’s caught on camera and or when they’re confronted with overwhelming evidence.
Brandon Bethea’s case should be no different.
Though I am not an expert, I can only raise my opinion as to what I witnessed on the Youtube video where a black man was tased to death by another black man who is or was at the time in law enforcement.
The incident occurred at a North Carolina detention center.
In the video it appears to show an officer fatally tasing Brandon Bethea, 24.
Of course there will be narrations as to what happened from the officers, but most will be inconsistent, and the truly sad part, not just this incident but other incidents across the world seem far to familiar where narrations by officers just don’t ad up and yet many go unprosecuted.
In fact it was reported that after Betheas’s death –
Just like in this example (Un-Related) where it took a Judge to catch an officer’s statement untrue, where I truly believe this officer should had faced some type of a charge.
I believe we are at a crossroads, were some officers will say ” BlackLiesMatter ” and I will say ” BlueLiesMatter ” and yet in the end we both seek for prosecutions.
I’ve always said.
If there were good cops..
There would be NO BAD cops!
Why do I believe that? Because the good cops would turn the bad ones in,.. so when a good cop does nothing but observe and stay silent they are just as equal as the bad cop.
Officer Involved1 year ago
Officer Jeronimo Yanez faces three criminal charges for the killing of Philando Castile
Featured12 months ago
Jill Stein Has Raised Over 1.9 Million In Recount Effort
Opinions12 months ago
Has America Elected It’s First Compulsive Liar as Pres?
Featured1 year ago
Fox News Sean Hannity Wants Julian Assange Free?
News12 months ago
Heil Trump! America’s Sleeping Giant Has Awakened
Featured1 year ago
Sheriff David Clarke Invokes Donald Trump To Martin Luther King Jr
Opinions11 months ago
Opinion: The FBI, Russians and WikiLeaks Ruined Any Chance For A Fair Election Process.
Hummm1 year ago
San Antonio: Police Wear Their Make America Great Again Caps