According to Jamell Henderson on Change.org:
Since the tragic incident of Trayvon Martin in 2012, CNN anchor Don Lemon has consistently antagonized and defamed the characteristics of African-Americans on the national scale in his mass communications. From the holding of the ‘N’ word sign before the national audience to disrespecting the Mayor of Baltimore to his most recent comments of the unfortunate incident where a student was removed from her chair like a rag-doll by a police officer, Mr. Lemon has avoided the chance to state the obvious….
#CNNTownHall Missed The Point Nothing Accomplished Only Reminders
First and foremost I am a black man –
The #CNNTownHall hosted by Don Lemon turned into another racial discussion like many repeated discussions before.
A mere reminder of what America already knows that racism exists in America, yet the show focused on it for most of it’s forum.
This forum should have addressed ” Police Accountability ” once that issue can be addressed and resolved, then and only then can America begin to truly heal.
Many Americans want police officers to be held accountable for their actions, and yet NO ONE wants to bring a viable discussion and or solution for it.
To bring up racism at every discussion as many has have in the past only reminds us that it is a fact, that racism is real and well alive.
We should start tackling one issue at a time until that issue is resolved and then move on to the next issue.
Why ” Police Accountability ” was slid to the curb behooves me as a viewer and showed me once again that this is an issue that public officials DO NOT WANT TO DISCUS!
Can we start with the basic problem at hand ” Police Accountability ” ?
Introduce into Legislation.
1. Mandatory, Police unions be held liable and forced to pay all legal fees for officers facing trial and or legal related matters, from either their Union funds and or police pensions. (Regardless of the situation. even if that officer has been fired and or found negligent at their discipline hearing).
2. Lawsuits payable involving any law enforcement officer and or dept. should be paid for by the police union and or from the police pension funds. Tax Payers, Citizens, City and or County should not be held liable.
3. No longer have Police investigate themselves and or fellow Officers.
4. Disciplinary officers may not have a prior record(s) showing complaints filed on them and should be rotated out every 3 years.
5. Ad more Accountability towards administration, superiors, union officials including but not limiting the mayor.
6. Mandatory requirement for the Justice Department to investigate all shootings.
7. Ask for the Justice Dept. to hire more agents and develop offices nationwide to monitor and or investigate Police shootings and misconduct(s).
8. Mandatory 3 to 5 year desk duty job for any officer type involved shooting.
9. Mandatory minimum suspension (without pay) if an Officer(s) is found to be Guilty of a “MINOR” Misconduct of up to 12 months.
10. Police officers be required to carry a special liability insurance. If an Officer looses their insurance they should not be allowed to patrol the streets, until their insurance is re-instated and or they find an insurer that will insure them.
11. Mandatory Special Prosecutor to handle all Police cases.
Once again thanks for reminding me about a topic I already know and have felt so well during my life time, to include friends family and loved ones…
Officer Involved In Alton Sterling Shooting Was Involved In Another
Baton Rouge, La –
According to RT.com –
Though the incident is un-related, it does raise eyebrows as to why and how officers are so easily allowed to return back to duty and or patrol the streets, couple that with the scenario that Lake is only a three year veteran and is now involved in 2 killings within a 2 year period.
In the video it appears to show Alton Sterling pinned to the ground, as one of the officer’s had his knee on his arm, before being shot and killed.
Blane Salamoni, a 4-year veteran was also at the scene when Sterling was killed.
Both officers work in the department’s uniform patrol division.
Though reports vary it is still unclear to us as to which officer was the trigger man.
BROWARD COUNTY, Fla – A Beating Is A Misdemeanor?
BROWARD COUNTY, Fla –
A Broward County Sheriff’s Deputy who had been cleared by her own agency has been charged criminally by the State Attorney’s Office.
Detention Deputy Kristen Connelly is charged with misdemeanor battery, punishable up to a year in jail.
This is exactly why Police should not be aloud to investigate themselves or fellow officers..
Officer Involved1 year ago
Officer Jeronimo Yanez faces three criminal charges for the killing of Philando Castile
Featured12 months ago
Jill Stein Has Raised Over 1.9 Million In Recount Effort
Opinions12 months ago
Has America Elected It’s First Compulsive Liar as Pres?
Featured1 year ago
Fox News Sean Hannity Wants Julian Assange Free?
News12 months ago
Heil Trump! America’s Sleeping Giant Has Awakened
Featured1 year ago
Sheriff David Clarke Invokes Donald Trump To Martin Luther King Jr
Opinions11 months ago
Opinion: The FBI, Russians and WikiLeaks Ruined Any Chance For A Fair Election Process.
Hummm1 year ago
San Antonio: Police Wear Their Make America Great Again Caps